Afro-Americans in New Jersey: a short history. Giles R. Wright; Trenton, NJ, New Jersey Historical Commission, 1989.
To view this publication you must have the Adobe Acrobat viewer, which can be downloaded at no charge from Adobe’s website.
For simple instructions on how to download the Reader and a few tips on its use, click here.
Navigating the report, Part One:
This document was scanned from a library copy of the publication and consists of several files. You can use the following links to access each file directly.
- Cover and front material.
- Introduction. (pages 13-18)
- Colonial Period to 1790. (pages 18-24)
- 1790 to 1870, first part. (pages 25-35)
- 1790 to 1870, second part.(pages 36-45)
- 1870 to 1910. (pages 45-54)
- 1910 to 1940. (pages 54-68)
- 1940 to 1980s. (pages 68-78)
- Appendixes 1-3. (pages 79-87)
- Appendix 4. (pages 88-98)
- Suggested Readings. (pages 99-100)
Navigating the report, Part Two:
The different files of this document are also linked to each other.
Clicking on the last page of a file takes you to the first page of the next file. Clicking on the first page of any file takes you back to the beginning of the first file (Cover and front material).