Materials not owned by the State Library can often be obtained from other libraries through interlibrary loan (ILL). The State Library will provide this service via JerseyCat for New Jersey residents who have a State Library card. State employees and TESU students, staff and mentors must submit interlibrary loan requests through ILLiad rather than JerseyCat.
All others should contact their local public libraries for interlibrary loan services.
- Requests must be submitted via JerseyCat.
- We will place ILL requests for books and journal articles identified in JerseyCat as being held by New Jersey libraries.
- We will only obtain materials for which there is no charge.
- One book may be borrowed at a time.
- Borrowers are responsible for any late or lost book fees assessed by the supplying library.
- Materials must be picked up and returned at the New Jersey State Library, 185 W. State St., Trenton, N.J.
We will contact you if there are any problems or questions concerning your request. You may check on the status of your request by calling 609-278-2640 ext. 171.