State employees and Thomas Edison staff, students and mentors should submit all requests for books and journal articles via ILLiad. ILLiad registration is required before using the system for the first time.
Please note: Thomas Edison mentors and students must pick up any books borrowed for them from other libraries at the State Library’s circulation desk .
To initiate your ILLiad registration:
- You will need to have a State Library borrower’s card before proceeding. If you need one, please complete the appropriate online registration form first. If you cannot find your library card contact Circulation at 609-278-2640 ext.104.
- Go to:illiad.njstatelib.org
- With your library card at hand, click on the “First Time Users” link and review the information on the page.
- Type your library card barcode in the box at the bottom of the page and click on the “First Time Users” box next to it.
- Complete the registration form making sure that all required information is entered and correct. Please note that passwords are case sensitive.
- Then click on Submit Information.
You’re ready to place requests now! Don’t forget your password; you’ll need it anytime you want to submit requests via ILLiad in the future.
ILLiad is available 24 hours a day/7 days a week to place requests for books and articles, as well as to track your requests from start to finish.
Go to illiad.njstatelib.org and enter your library card barcode and your password. Anytime you login to ILLiad with your barcode and password, the ILLiad Main Menu offers you the option of placing various types of requests, or reviewing requests already placed. To place a new request, click on the button that best matches the type of request you are making: request a photocopy, request a book, etc. A form appropriate to the type of request will open. Fill out the form with as much of the information that you have about the item you want: author, title, journal name, volume, date, pages etc. and then submit your request. Use a new form for each additional request.
If you have any questions about registering, or encounter any technical problems, please contact Scherelene Schatz at 609-278-2640 ext.171 or Donna Remely at 609-278-2640 ext.155.
If your citation is incomplete, and you are missing elements required to complete your ILLiad request, please contact Reference Services at 609-278-2640 ext.103 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.