- Jobs4Jersey.com provides jobseekers with job hunting information, training, and online tools to assess skills and interests.
- One-Stop Career Centers are the place to start when looking for a job. They are located throughout New Jersey and can help you develop the skills and obtain the training needed to succeed.
- Job placement services for veterans.
- New Jersey Civil Service Job Announcements
- NJWorks provides access to computer skills workshops and tutorials; online job and career resources that help you build your resumé, search for a job and develop interview skills; and a calendar of training opportunities.
- Services for individuals with disabilities.
- Starting a business in New Jersey.
- Jobs4Jersey.com offers online services for employers.
- Special Automobile Insurance Policy (SAIP) program, also known as Dollar a Day helps make limited auto insurance coverage available to drivers who are eligible for Federal Medicaid with hospitalization. Such drivers can obtain a medical coverage-only policy at a cost of $365 a year.
- See the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance to request assistance on filing consumer inquiries and complaints.
- NJHelps allows you to self screen for over 28 programs.
- You may be eligible for Veteran Services.
- See the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance personal finance topics.
- Free tax preparation services are available through VITA/TCE.
- Earned Income Tax Credit, a refundable federal income tax credit for low-income working individuals and families.
- WorkFirst NJ provides temporary cash assistance and many other support services to families through the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program.
- Emergency Assistance (EA) is available in certain situations for eligible persons. It is limited to 12 months.
- Unemployment Insurance information.
- Assistance programs for income eligible households.
- New Jersey Home Keeper Program.
- New Jersey Judiciary Foreclosure Mediation Program.
- Financial Counseling Organizations – Governmental and non-profit organizations that provide financial assistance or counseling to borrowers in foreclosure.
- Homeownership Preservation Foundation.
- New Jersey Homelessness Prevention Program provides limited financial assistance to low and moderate income tenants and homeowners in imminent danger of eviction or foreclosure.
Call toll-free: 866-889-6270
New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency
- NJHMFA provides programs for home buyers, home owners, renters, seniors and those with special needs.
- The New Jersey Board of Public Utilities provides information about the following assistance programs: Comfort Partners, LIHEAP, Universal Service Fund – Energy, Winter Termination Program, Lifeline Program, NJSHARES and Telephone Assistance.