E-Rate Resources (for the Urban Libraries Section meeting*, January 15, 2015)
• Summary of the changes from the July 2014 order (attached below: Summary of Major E-rate Changes FINAL)
• Summary of ALA comments on the Further Notice that was issues along with the July order (attached below: ALA 9 15 E-rate Comment Summary_FINAL)
• Summary by ALA Washington Office mostly focused on ALA activities (attached below: E-rate briefing timeline_FINAL 10_21_14 )
*The meeting will be held at the New Jersey State Library, 185 West State Street, Trenton, in the conference room (5th fl. near elevator), 10:00 am – 12:00 pm.
E-Rate Webinar for NJ Libraries, January 13, 2015, 11:00 AM- still open!
The New Jersey State Library will be offering a webinar, presented by E-rate Central, dealing with the many changes that the Federal Communications Commission has made to the e-rate program in the coming year.
The topics that will be covered by E-rate Central staff are:
1. Goals and Objectives of the E-rate Modernization Orders
2. Eligible Services List for FY 2015 (note: it has changed)
3. Discount Rate Issues
4. Category 2 Funding Budgets for Libraries
5. Data Collection and Pricing Transparency
6. Other “Simplification” Changes
7. Other Procedural Changes
Please register for New Jersey Library E-Rate Webinar at:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.