Our Fall Festival is here! All TBBC members are invited to our Fall Festival on Saturday, October 14th. Once again, we are partnering with the Grounds For Sculpture for this event. The Grounds is a 42-acre sculpture park, museum, arboretum founded on the site of the former New Jersey State Fairgrounds, is a premier cultural destination that is not to be missed! It is located at 80 Sculptors Way in Hamilton NJ. We invite you to join us! Here are important details, registration information and the agenda for the day:
ADMISSION: Free to all TBBC members plus two guests only. All other guests must pay admission:
- Adults: $18 in person or $16 online
- Adult 65+: $15 in person or $13 online
- Students 6-17 or with college ID: $10
- Grounds For Sculpture members and children 5 and younger: Free
DIRECTIONS: Registration, vendors and the festival are located in one building, the Seward Johnson Center for the Arts. It is located at the main entrance of the Grounds. Find directions at this web site: http://www.groundsforsculpture.org/Visit/Hours-Directions-and-Parking
FOOD: You may purchase lunch and snacks at the Van Gogh Café or the Peacock Café.
HOW TO REGISTER: Registration deadline is October 2, 2017. Registration is required for all attending our Fall Festival. To register, call TBBC at 800-792-8322, extension 816, with the information below:
- Name, address, phone number
- Total number of adults (including yourself) and children attending
- Requests for a sighted guide
- Your choice of workshop or guided walking touch tour
TRANSPORTATION: Attendees must make their own transportation plans.
SPONSORS & VENDORS: A number of vendors are invited whose products and services will interest you. Online Sponsorship & Vendor Registration Form
FALL FESTIVAL AGENDA
10:00am – 12:00pm: Continental breakfast with the vendors. Explore assistive technology products and a wealth of services. Continental breakfast will be served on a first-come, first-served basis.
12:30 – 1:30pm: Choice of 1 Art Workshop or Guided Walking Touch Tour
- Art Workshops:
- Art Workshop 1: Woven Newspaper Workshop. Transform newspaper into woven artwork! Using a custom loom created from cardboard, fold newspaper into strips and learn traditional weaving techniques to form one-of-a kind artwork. Be amazed at what you can create from everyday materials!
- Art Workshop 2: Creating Art Using Your Mind’s Eye Workshop. Create a work of art from your mind’s eye. Bend, twist, and shape wax sticks into creative shapes, which are pressed onto textured paper to create a dimensional drawing. Add color to the spaces between shapes using markers. Leave the workshop with the knowledge that anyone can create a beautiful piece of art!
- Guided Walking Touch Tours: Discover the wonders of the Grounds For Sculpture! Register for a docent-led touch tour featuring a variety of sculptures. Both types of tours will include information on artists, artistic techniques and provide opportunities for the participants to explore the sculptures through touch. All Guided Walking Touch Tours will last about 45 minutes.
- Touch Tour Group 1: A tour that is moderately paced and will highlight sculptures in and around the perimeter of the Seward Johnson Center for the Arts building.
- Touch Tour Group 2: A general tour that will highlight major sculptures throughout the Grounds
2:00 – 3:00pm: Choice of 1 Workshop or Guided Walking Touch Tour (same as the above)
3:00 – 4:00pm: Guided Walking Touch Tours. Register for a Guided Touch Tour or just tour the Grounds on your own.