It’s Tee Time for Talking Books! Click Here to Join our 4th Annual TBBC Golf Classic.
- Search our Catalog
- Donate & Support TBBC
- Contact Us / Hours of Operation
- Who Do We Serve?
- What Do We Have?
- Applications for Service
- Outspoken Library
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Kudos for TBBC
- Friends of the New Jersey Library for the Blind and Handicapped
- For Librarians
Welcome! The New Jersey State Library Talking Book & Braille Center (TBBC) serves New Jersey residents of all ages (children, teens and adults) who cannot read standard print or who cannot hold a book or turn the pages of a book because of a physical impairment, a reading disability, or a vision impairment. TBBC provides no-cost, home-delivered services as a regional library of the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (NLS), a division of the U.S. Library of Congress. In addition to serving individuals, we serve all places in NJ that serve eligible residents and we serve libraries. You must apply for service.
TBBC is a division of the New Jersey State Library. The New Jersey State Library is affiliated wth Thomas Edison State College. TBBC is supported by funding from the State of New Jersey. This project was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
Kudos for TBBC: Read our kudos page to discover just how important our services are to those we serve.
Read our current newsletter for an update on the services we provide.
Donate: If you would like to make a donation to support the work of TBBC, please donate here.
TBBC is open five days a week, from 8:30am to 4:o0pm. Monday through Friday.
- Adult Services:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 609-406-7181
- Phone: 800-792-8322 (hold the line to speak with a reader’s advisor).
- Children and Teen Services:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 609-406-7181
- Phone: 800-792-8322, ext 823 or ext 804.
- Street Address: 2300 Stuyvesant Avenue, Trenton NJ 08618
- Mailing Address: P.O. Box 501, Trenton NJ 08625-0501
- Directions to the Library
- You can find answers to frequently asked questions here.
- Ask a Talking Book & Braille Question
- Follow Us!
The no-cost, home-delivered services of the New Jersey State Library Talking Book & Braille Center (TBBC) are available to all New Jersey residents of any age (children, teens and adults) whose ability to read is affected by a physical impairment, a reading disability or a vision impairment. This includes anyone who cannot read standard print or who cannot hold a book or turn the pages of a book. Read our kudos page and discover how important our services are to those we serve.
The New Jersey State Library Talking Book & Braille Center provides books in Braille and audio formats. TBBC’s collection has more than 60,000 book titles and 42 periodicals available. Machines for playing the recorded materials are available on loan from TBBC. We also have an app for Apple mobile devices: BARD Mobile. Our services include:
- Audiobook Players
- Book Groups
- Books & Magazines
- News Reading Services
- Outspoken Library: a partnership between TBBC & NJ libraries
- Services for Librarians
Each new reader must complete an application and have it certified for eligibility for our services. To obtain an application, call us toll-free at 1-800-792-8322 or download an application from our web site. Everything shipped between TBBC and you is shipped postage-free as “Free Matter for the Blind and Physically Handicapped.”
- For English-Speaking Individuals in PDF format
- For English-Speaking Individuals in Word format
- Here is a link to an individual application in Spanish from the Library of Congress.
- Institutional Application
- Application for Libraries
This project was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
|TBBC Poster Image||374 kB|