The New Jersey State Library Talking Book & Braille Center (TBBC) Needs Your Help! When you donate to TBBC, you directly support individuals and families in your community who need a more effective way to read because of a physical impairment, a reading disability or a vision impairment. We are extremely careful with the dollars you entrust in our care. By making a donation today, you are helping transform lives one child, one adult at a time. Questions? Call TBBC toll-free at 800-792-8322, extension 802 or 835.
- Donate by Mail If you would like to make a donation by mail, please send your contribution in the form of money order or check to:
- TBBC Attn: Development Department 2300 Stuyvesant Avenue Trenton, NJ 08618
- Matching Gifts: You can increase your donation with employer matching funds! Many employers will match your personal donation. Check with your company for more information on matching gift programs.
- Tribute or Memorial Gifts: Tribute and memorial gifts are a wonderful way to celebrate special occasions or holidays, to thank a friend or relative, to honor someone special or to remember the life of a loved one. Notification of your gift will be sent to the honoree or family of the deceased. Honor a valued patron by purchasing a book shaped plaque as part of our Recognition Wall in our Library. Download a memorial plaque form:
- Planned Giving: A gift bequest to TBBC is your guarantee that your gift will continue to benefit people in need of our services now and for years to come.
For more information, please call the Development Office: 1-800-792-8322 extension 835.
The New Jersey State Library talking Book & Braille Center is a bureau of The NJ State Library and affiliated with Thomas Edison State College and Thomas Edison State College Foundation, a 501(c)3 organization.
The Friends of the NJ Library for the Blind & Handicapped (NJLBH) is a 501(c)3 advocacy group whose mission is to support and promote the services and programs of the Talking Book & Braille Center, formerly known as the NJ Library for the Blind & Handicapped. The Friends meet twice a year on the first Saturday of June and December and send two newsletters to members with information regarding projects supporting TBBC. The Friends work in conjunction with TBBC by supporting the needs of people with vision impairments through advocacy work (public speaking, letter writing, etc.) and collect an annual membership that is used to support TBBC’s much-appreciated services with an annual gift. Read their current newsletter:
The Friends invite all interested people to become a member and appreciate all donations. Annual membership dues are $10.00 for individuals and $25.00 for families. You can send your gift and/or membership dues to: The Friends of the NJ Library for the Blind & Handicapped PO Box 434 Woodbridge, NJ. 07095. For more information, contact the Officers of the Friends of NJLBH at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call The Friends at 609-895-1048.
- Mary Jo Partyka, President
- Lauren Casey, Vice President
- Ottilie Lucas, Secretary
- Joyce Sowa, Treasurer
The New Jersey State Library Talking Book & Braille Center (TBBC) is always looking for volunteers to help us with a variety of tasks, such as clerical work, recording newspaper articles and books for Audiovision, volunteering at special events, etc. If you would like to join a vibrant group of volunteers and staff, contact Karen Carson at TBBC via phone at 800-792-8322 ext. 806 or email Karen at email@example.com.
|Norton Secured||3 kB|