In an effort to help NJ libraries increase visibility within their communities, the New Jersey State Library has developed the following Publicity and Acknowledgment Guidelines. If your library has received funding from NJSL for a program, product or service, or if you are a member of the press, please refer to the following NJSL acknowledgment requirements.
Questions? Please feel free to contact Tiffany McClary, Director of Communications, Marketing, & Outreach at 609-278-2640 ext. 122, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Eileen Morales, Grants Manager at (609)278-2640 ext. 105, email@example.com.
General Written and Verbal Acknowledgment:
You must include an acknowledgment of NJSL & IMLS support in all grant products, publications, and websites developed with State Library and IMLS funding. Acknowledgment should include an official credit line, as well as the NJSL & IMLS logos, where space permits. This includes all print and electronic marketing materials, press releases, website references, and any other forms of written and verbal publicity.
This [publication/program/activity] is supported with funds provided by the Institute of Museum and Library Services, administered by the New Jersey State Library.
When using the written acknowledgment, please include the NJSL & IMLS logos. The NJSL logo is available for download here: NJSL Logo
***Please take a moment to review the New Jersey State Library’s Branding Standards Guidelines when using NJSL logos.
About the New Jersey State Library
The New Jersey State Library (NJSL), an affiliate of Thomas Edison State University (TESU), connects people with information and resources through its service to libraries, government, TESU students and staff, and New Jersey residents, including those with special needs. NJSL provides support for public, school, academic, and special libraries, and continues to promote services for learners of all ages, including key areas of continuing need such as literacy, business outreach, workforce development, disaster preparedness and technology. For more information, visit www.njstatelib.org.
When to use acknowledgements:
Please include the acknowledgement on all printed promotional materials, newsletter articles, Web site posts and media releases. Here are a few suggestions:
- Press Releases: When the NJSL boilerplate and logo are used in your press releases, you must get approval from the NJSL Office of Communications, Marketing & Outreach.
- Public Events: At programs or public gatherings related to your award, acknowledge NJSL orally. Display the logo on signage at events. Don’t forget to include the logos and statement on PowerPoint presentations and evaluation forms.
- Press Events: NJSL support should be orally acknowledged during all news media interviews, including radio, television, and press conferences.
- Web Sites : Post the NJSL logo and acknowledgement statement, and link back to www.njstatelib.org.
- Printed Materials: Use the logos and acknowledgment statement.
- Advertisements: Use the logos and acknowledgment statement.
- Public Service Announcements: Include acknowledgement statement at the end of your PSA, and logos where appropriate.
- Social Media: If you post about the State Library-funded project, be sure to include @njstatelibrary in your tweets and mention www.facebook.com/njstatelibrary on your Facebook page.
If you have questions regarding the forms of acknowledgment, contact the NJSL Office of Communications, Marketing and Outreach at firstname.lastname@example.org.