Deadline to apply: September 5, 2018
The New Jersey State Library is pleased to announce the 2018 Leadership Academy, once again offering librarians the opportunity to think big and creatively about their libraries. This will be an eight part series and attendance at all sessions is mandatory. All sessions will be held at the Monmouth County Library, Headquarters Branch, Manalapan, NJ.
The program will include presentations by speakers on such varied topics as marketing and branding your library, emerging technologies for libraries and a hands-on training in how to perform a community needs assessment.
Outcomes: Participants in the program will
- Return to their institution with greater self-awareness and self-confidence, equipped with better skills for leading, coaching, collaborating, and engaging within their organizations and in their communities.
- Return to their communities as better leaders, prepared to identify, develop, and implement solutions which will benefit all stakeholders.
- Have the opportunity to form a vibrant learning community and network, which is an essential element of effective leadership development.
Program Dates and Speakers:
- October 18, 2018 Siobhan Riordan – “Public Library’s Role in Civic Engagement”
- November 29, 2018 Phil Bowermaster – “Libraries, Acceleration, and the Reality Spectrum”
- December 17, 2018 Rakia Reynolds – Branding and Marketing for Libraries
- January 17, 2019 Kristin Fontichiaro – Community Needs Assessment
- January 17, 2019 James Hughes – “An Era of Demographic and Technological Change”
- February 13, 2019 Catherine Hakala-Ausperk – “Politics & Partnerships”
- March 14, 2019 Kristin Fontichiaro – Community Needs Assessment
- April 11, 2019 Topic: Personality Types
- May 9, 2019 Topic to be determined by Participants
For more information about the speakers click here.
- 9:00 – 9:30 AM Coffee and Registration
- 9:30 AM Welcome
- 10:00 AM First Session
- 3:30 PM Program Conclusion
The cost of the program is $300 and is open to all librarians with at least five years of experience. For submission guidelines and the interactive application which can be printed or emailed click here.
For frequently asked questions click here.