The New Jersey State Library has awarded 11 New Jersey librarians and library staff members working in a New Jersey library (school, academic, special, public, etc.) with $500 scholarships to attend the Library Futures Conference taking place at the Borgata Hotel & Casino in Atlantic City, NJ, September 25-26, 2017.
The scholarships cover the cost of conference registration and two nights stay at the Borgata Hotel & Casino. Breakfast and lunch for both days are also included as part of the registration.
Congratulations to the scholarship award recipients:
- Jailene Betancourt, Library Assistant, Plainfield Public Library
- Tanya Estrada, Director, Waterford Township PL
- TJ Lamanna, Emerging Technologies Librarian, Cherry Hill PL
- Christine Lopez, School Library Media Specialist, Dickinson High School
- Shaunterria Owens, Head of Children’s Services, Belleville PL & Information Center
- Will Porter, Director, Sussex County Library System
- Aubrey Hiers, Library Director Otto, Bruyns Public Library
- Violeta Mybar-Maki, Children’s Librarian, Union City Public Library
- Elisabet Paredes, Reference/Social Media Coordinator, Johnson Public Library – Hackensack
- Patricia J. Reilly, Asst Director of Libraries, Union County College – MacKay Library
- Dee Venuto, Media Center Coordinator, Rancocas Valley Regional High School
The scholarship awards were made possible, thanks to generous grant awards from the Council of State Library Agencies in the Northeast (COSLINE), the New Jersey State Library, LibraryLinkNJ, and conference presenter, Oculus.
Additionally, Rutgers University awarded 6 additional library students with scholarships to attend the conference.
For more information about the Futures Conference, visit: https://www.njstatelib.org/event/futures-conference/