Are you 55 or older with a change in your vision? Free assistive technology classes are available for you at nine New Jersey public libraries through the Library Equal Access Program (LEAP)! Assistive technology learning centers have been created at the LEAP libraries. Explore computers equipped with magnification & speech. Learn to use the iPad! iPads are provided for use in the classroom, but feel free to bring your own iPad or iPhone. Register by calling Advancing Opportunities at 888-322-1918, extension 501. You will be amazed by the computer & iPad software available to assist your vision.
LEAP is brought to New Jersey through an innovative collaborative partnership. The New Jersey Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired, in partnership with the New Jersey State Library Talking Book and Braille Center, is offering this free training. Advancing Opportunities, a leader in assistive technology training, will provide the instruction. The classes are offered at nine public libraries who have generously partnered for LEAP:
- Atlantic City Free Public Library (at both Main & Richmond Ave branches)
- Atlantic County Library System – Mays Landing branch
- Cherry Hill Public Library
- East Brunswick Public Library
- Johnson Public Library – Hackensack
- Morristown & Morris Township Library
- Newark Public Library (Main Library)
- Ocean County Library – Toms River branch
- South Orange Public Library
Questions? Want to Register for a LEAP class? Call Advancing Opportunities for the schedule of classes and for registration: 888-322-1918, extension 501.