The ever popular and much in demand Phil Bowermaster is back to reprise his role as library futurist. Phil will present a full-day, interactive workshop for all librarians interested in learning how they can help play a role in the exciting future of their library.
The workshop, entitled, “Libraries, Acceleration and the Reality Spectrum “, is a professional development event for librarians, structured in two half-day segments which will provide:
- An overview of the challenges and opportunities that accelerating technological and social change raise for libraries, and
- A set of tools for managing these challenges and leveraging these opportunities.
PART 1: Accelerating Times
- Summary: Mid-Atlantic Library Futures Conference 2017
- Highlights from Keynote and Breakout Videos
- Discussion: How the Future is Impacting Libraries
- Review of and Updates to A Matter of Days
PART 2: Facing Reality
- Introduction to the Reality Spectrum
- Exercise: Plotting Yourself on the Spectrum
- Overview: Reality can be Scary
- Discussion: Identifying the Top Reality-Based Risks for Libraries
- Overview: Possibilities Unlimited
- Discussion: Identifying the Top Reality-Based Opportunities for Libraries
- Exercise-Updating the Acceleration Agenda
The event will be held from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM on three different dates and locations:
November 27th – Burlington County Library, Westhampton
November 28th – Parsippany Public Library, Parsippany
November 29th – Monmouth County Library, Manalapan Township
For more information on Phil Bowermaster click here.
Registration: The event will cost $40 and will include a continental breakfast and lunch. To be directed to the official registration webpage click here. Credit card, check or Purchase Order is accepted. Purchase Order Requests can be forwarded to Betsy Beavers at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions please call (609)278-2640 ext. 149.