The New Jersey State Library (NJSL) has recently won four awards for the marketing and public relations work done on the Futures Conference, which was held Sep. 25-26, 2017 at the Borgata Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City. A video and article about the event can be found here: https://www.njstatelib.org/news/futures-conference-shows-the-trends-hints-at-the-possibilities/.
- The New Jersey Library Association has selected NJSL to receive an NJLA Public Relations and Marketing Award. The marketing team was honored at the NJLA Annual Conference during an awards ceremony held at Harrah’s Waterfront Conference Center in Atlantic City, NJ on May 31.
- NJSL has won three ASTRA Awards from the NJ Communications, Advertising, and Marketing Association, and the marketing team was recognized on Thursday, June 14, at Jasna Polana in Princeton. Awards were received in the following categories:
- Bronze for Design/Advertising Arts — Logo/Trademark Design, for the Futures Conference Logo
- Gold for Public Relations — Special Events and Observations, for the Futures Conference outreach campaign
- Bronze for Specialty Advertising — Apparel/Merchandise, for the Futures Conference T-shirt
The Futures Conference was a multi-state collaboration, with partnering state libraries from: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and West Virginia; and additional sponsors including the Council of State Library Agencies in the Northeast (COSLINE) and LibraryLinkNJ, NJ’s library cooperative. NJSL hosted the event, spearheaded the conference planning and handled all PR and marketing.