- The Office of Diversity and Literacy Services provides various aspects of library development and programming in the areas of adult services, urban libraries, diversity, outreach and adult literacy, primarily for public libraries.
- Through partnerships and collaborative projects, the Office of Diversity and Literacy Services works with libraries and organizations on a local, regional and state level to invigorate a discussion, shine a light on the best practices, and to provide recommendations and leadership skills.
- The Office of Diversity and Literacy Services drives activities that support the fundamental values and vision of the New Jersey State Library in which all New Jerseyans have access to exceptional library services and to the information resources they need to achieve their personal, education and professional goals.
Projects & Initiatives
|Cross Cultural Communicators in Libraries: Developing Culturally and Linguistically Competent Library Professionals|
|Literacy Boot Camp: Reboot Literacy @ Your Library|
|Multicultural Program Award|
- New Jersey Library Association – Diversity and Outreach Section
- New Jersey Library Association – Urban Libraries Section
- New Jersey Association of Lifelong Learning
- New Jersey Statewide Network of Cultural Competence
- New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- New Jersey State Council for Adult Literacy Education Services
|Mimi Lee | Diversity and Literacy Consultant/CCCiL Project Director|