Mimi Lee, consultant for diversity and literacy services, provides programs and resources that support training, research and professional development in the areas of diversity, outreach and literacy primarily for public libraries in New Jersey.
The Office of Diversity and Literacy Services provides various aspects of library development and programming in the areas of adult services, urban libraries, diversity, outreach and adult literacy, primarily for public libraries. Through partnerships and collaborative projects, the Office works with libraries and organizations on a local, regional and state level to invigorate a discussion, shine a light on the best practices, and to provide recommendations and leadership skills. The Office drives activities that support the fundamental values and vision of the New Jersey State Library in which all New Jerseyans have access to exceptional library services and to the information resources they need to achieve their personal, education and professional goals.
Cross Cultural Communicators in Libraries: Developing Culturally and Linguistically Competent Library Professionals is a groundbreaking pilot program aimed at increasing cultural and linguistic competence and effectiveness in communication among English/Spanish speaking bilingual individuals working in public libraries.
For more information, please visit this page.
Made possible through an IMLS Grant.
- Tutor Training for ESL Conversation Groups
- Literacy Boot Camp 2015
- Joint Meeting: D&O/NJLA + ESRT/NYLA 5-29-2015
- Active Shooter Training for Librarians
- Symposium on Affordable Care Act for Librarians April 24
- Urban Librarians’ Conference – March 27, Brooklyn
- 2015 Multicultural Program Award
- FY 2015 E-Rate Training (1-15-15) and Webinar for NJ Libraries (1-13-15)
- November is National Native American Heritage Month
- 2014 Adult Services Forum
- 2014 Multicultural Program Award
Contact MIMI LEE
Mimi maintains open and engaged communication with libraries through e-mail, phone and on-site visits.
For more information or to request a site-visit, please email Mimi Lee at email@example.com.