Sharon Rawlins, Youth Services Specialist here at the New Jersey State Library, shares booklists, resources, grant opportunities and other topics of interest to youth services librarians around the state.
Youth Services, a part of the State Library’s Lifelong Learning Section, provides assistance to certified librarians and library staff members who work with youth ages 0 – 18 on a wide range of topics including grant opportunities, resource sharing, best practices and readers advisory. The unit administers award programs, coordinates the annual Statewide Summer Reading Program, the annual Youth Services Forum, offers continuing education opportunities and acts as a liaison to other local, regional and statewide organizations working with youth through collaborative partnerships.
The NJ State Library has a long-established free listserv called NJYAC for youth services librarians. It was created in order to reach out to youth services librarians with announcements, grant opportunities, information about upcoming programs and questions about youth services issues including stumpers and booklists of all kinds. Feel free to subscribe to get advice from fellow librarians or to share your own success stories.
- E-mails posted to email@example.com will be posted directly to the list without moderation.
- Replies to messages coming from the list will be addressed back to the list. If you want to e-mail someone directly, copy and paste their e-mail address from the message. Otherwise, your e-mail message will go to the entire list.
- Automated responses, except Out of Office notices, will get a person unsubscribed from the list with little or no warning.
- The list is archived back to March 2008.
- Annual Youth Services Forum – 10/21/16
- Science and Math for Everyone! Exploring Science and Math Concepts Through Storytimes – 10/7/16
- Montville High School Students Represent New Jersey in a National Summer Reading Program Video Contest – 7/12/16
- Four N.J. Libraries Recognized for Best Practices in Early Literacy – 5/19/16
- Librarians Trained in Youth Mental Health First Aid – 8/12/15
Contact SHARON RAWLINS
If you have any subject matter questions, please e-mail Sharon Rawlins, Youth Services Specialist, NJSL, firstname.lastname@example.org.