Volunteer at the Talking Book & Braille Center
The New Jersey State Library Talking Book & Braille Center (TBBC) is always looking for volunteers to help with a variety of tasks.
Volunteer opportunities include (18+):
- Clerical support, data entry, scanning and assemble postal mailings.
- Prepare audiobooks for circulation by pulling cards, applying labels and prepare for processing.
- Pick and sort audio books, requires moderate activity, standing, the ability to push a cart up to 100+ pounds on wheels, remove audiobooks from shelving to cart and process audiobooks for recording.
- Pack audiobook recalls by scanning and boxing for mail, requires lifting up to 15 pounds per box.
- Two Offsite Events:
- Annual TBBC Golf Classic volunteer on or off the golf course. We are always seeking new Committee Members to join our growing event.
- Biennial Fall Festival necessitates sighted guides for our patrons during the day’s event.
If you would like to join a vibrant group of volunteers and staff, contact Linda Cerce at 800-792-8322 ext. 835, email@example.com
Volunteering is a noble act of giving your time and services to another person or organization without the expectation of reward.